The secret skincare weapon you need to know about!
Serums are highly-concentrated formulations purposely compounded to deliver powerful ingredients directly into the skin. They achieve a greater penetration and desired result because their molecule size size is made small enough to deliver a very high concentration of active ingredients which makes them mega effective. AKA—nothing diluted and weak about them! They’re like a super-powerful, specific recipe to target your skin issue and solve it. Serums allow you to focus on a specific skin concerns like wrinkles, discoloration, acne, dehydration, dull skin texture and preventative skin health. We’re all guilty of purchasing a new skincare product with hopes it will magically fix our skin woes in a night, only to be disappointed when you don’t wake up the next morning with skin as perfect as the beauty influencer friend or industry expert who encouraged you to buy the product in the first place.
10 need to know tips when it comes to using a serum and actually getting the result U want!
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly before applying a serum to ensure that it can penetrate the skin effectively.
- Apply serums to damp skin, as this helps to lock in hydration and boost the absorption of the product.
- Be consistent and patient with your serum, it takes time for the cells to respond and the skin to turn over. On average it takes 6-12 weeks to see the results you are after.
- When layering serums, starting with the lightest consistency and end with the heaviest one.
- Follow up with a moisturizer to seal in the benefits of the serum.
- Never waste the remaining serum use every last drop on your neck chest and hands, don’t forget damage shows on more than just your face and we really tend to neglect our neck, chest and our hands.
- Always use a sunscreen during the day to protect your skin from UV rays, as they can weaken the effectiveness of your serums.
- When looking for more value in your serums choose hydrating and brightening serums that can also be used around the eyes also ***avoid high concentration retinol or exfoliating products on these areas. Its best to choose a product specific to eyes and when exfoliating and retinol ingredients are present to avoid irritation on delicate areas on the face.
- Use your serums sparingly they are formulated to penetrate into your skin not sit on top, rely on your moisturiser to provide your skin with comfort. This avoids you using your precious serum too quickly
- if you want to real improvement and achieve optimum skin health invest in a good quality cosmeceutical grade serum you can always save on money on your cleanser and moisturiser!
It’s best to speak with an expert every skin has its own special needs. To make sure you get the results you are after with your skin select a serum that feeds and brightens along with a serum that deeply hydrates your skin. If you are over 25 don’t forget to use Retinol! Our shopping guide to a balanced, protected, glowing, youthful skin!
SHOP OUR SERUMS NOW
USE CODE FOR VIP DISCOUNT SERUM20